Skip to content
- Lou, N.M., & Noels, K.A. (in press). Changing language mindsets: Implications for goal orientations and responses to communication failures in and outside the classroom. Contemporary Educational Psychology.
- Noels, K.A., & Lou, M. (2015). Mindsets, goal orientations and language learning: What we know and what we can do. In McGarrell, H.M. & Wood, D. (eds.) Contact – Refereed Proceedings of TESL Ontario Research Symposium, 41(2), 41-52.
- Mercer, S. & Ryan, S. (2010). A mindset for EFL: learners’ beliefs about the role of natural talent. ELT Journal 64(4), 436-444. doi: 10.1093/elt/ccp083
- Ryan, S. & Mercer, S. (2012) Language learning mindsets across cultural settings: English learners in Austria and Japan. OnCUE Journal, 6(1), 6-22.
- Ryan, S. & Mercer, S. (2012) ‘Implicit theories: Language learning mindsets’. In Mercer, S., Ryan, S. and Williams, M. (eds.) Psychology for Language Learning : Insights from Research, Theory and Practice (pp.74-89). Houndmills: Palgrave Macmillan.