Following the success of the first international PLL conference “Matters of the Mind: Psychology and Language Learning”, which was held in Graz, Austria, in May 2014, a second PLL conference is to be held in Jyväskylä, Finland, on 22 – 24 August 2016.
The conference, which is entitled “Individuals in Contexts: Psychology of Language Learning 2”, aims to bring together scholars from all over the world who are interested in the role of psychology in learning and teaching languages.
Some of the key issues in the field of PLL, which will be addressed at the conference, include:
- learners and teachers as individuals with all their characteristics, including self-concept, motivation, identities, beliefs, agency, emotions, strategies, styles, etc.,
- the learning process and its outcomes, and
- the diversity of contexts.
Plenary talks will be delivered by:
- Phil Benson, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
- Maggie Kubanyiova, University of Birmingham, UK
- Sarah Mercer, University of Graz, Austria
The conference is organised back-to-back/in cooperation with the 26th annual conference of the European Second Language Association (EUROSLA), which will be held on 24-27 August 2016.
Information about registration, accommodation and more will be made available at the conference website.
For additional information, the conference organisers can be reached at email@example.com.